Our aim at St George's is to be a church that is welcoming to all ages and cultural groups and to be a place were people can grow in their relationship with God. St George's is situated in the multicultural area of Papatoetoe of Manukau City (South Auckland). We are a church that is made up of many diverse multicultural groups and it is our aim to make people from all cultural backgrounds welcome. At St George's we have a variety of services and styles of worship, and a wide range of fellowship, study and caring groups. Find out more about our services an ministries.
Who are we?
St George's is an Anglican church that has an evangelical/charismatic emphasis. As a church we are open to the renewing power of the Holy Spirit. We place a strong emphasis on biblical preaching. We are a church that encourages people to grow in their relationship with God through a deeper understanding of the Bible. We are the Parish of Papatoetoe although our some of our members come from beyond the boundaries of this parish. We belong to the Province of Aotearoa, New Zealand and Polynesia. We are in the Diocese of Auckland and part of the Archdeaconry of Manukau.
Our vision is to be a community of people made up from many nations who are called together to witness to the transforming power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. In order to fulfill this vision we are committed to the following values:
- Inspiring Worship - A worshiping community that is open to the leading of the Holy Spirit and encourages people to worship God with the whole of their lives.
- Loving Service - A church where everyone knows what their spiritual gifts are and are actively involved in a ministry they have a heart felt passion for.
- Sharing the Good News - A church that is open to exciting and new ways of sharing the good news of Jesus in ways that are relevant in today's world.
- Supportive Small Groups - A community made up of small groups where people can receive encouragement to grow in their relationship with God and with each other.
- A Passion for God - A church that is committed to helping people grow to be more like Christ through prayer and Bible study.
- Loving One Another - A community where people are encouraged, hospitality is offered and friendships are made.
- Being open to all Cultures and All Age Groups - We are a church that is committed to being a place where people of all ages and cultural backgrounds are welcome.